Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Postcolonial Iraq

As I was reading the blogs for Postcolonial Iraq, I realize that the most previous blogs were written in February of 2007. Now, one year isn't that much, but still, a lot has happened in a year. The dates of the posts seem to be very distanced and I feel like there are not that many posts for the blogs. I don't feel like I can use this blog as a reliable source just because of that. Other than that, I feel as if the words of the posts are very inspirational towards the future.

"I believe this document can be defined as an historic event in the annals of the Palestinians in Israel and of their relationship with the Jewish majority and establishment. This is the first time a representative national body of Palestinians in Israel has prepared and published a basic paper that describes both the existing situation and the changes that are needed across a broad spectrum of Arab life: relations with the Jewish majority, the legal situation, land, social and economic issues, the status of civil and political institutions, etc. "

As I read this, I felt a sense of excitement that there is such a document that defines the firm principles and the desires of the solutions for this situtation. The tone of the blog is motivational and makes it very easy to read because I want to know what exactly this document does.

http://jelloul.blogspot.com/

No comments: