Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Self-Mythologizing

What am I, who am I? I am Irish, Polish, Dutch. I was born in New York City and moved to Tewksbury, NJ when I was one. But when it all boils down that information means nothing today. American society is mixed of some many different people and cultures. We must now "Self-Mythologizing". I am a thinker, my mind is overloaded with things that I learn all day. I am a smoker, a surfer, a social person, a cooker, a person who looks for a future, and many more things. I feel that from my many different parts of my life and the many different things and places i have done and been too, I consider myself a man to of little now but by the end a man that will know all. I want to go and experience life for what it is. I have many principles that i may change as i go along but my mind is positive and humane. I feel that i will be successful in what i truly am meant to do, meant to do in my mind. I am a free thinker that we think we way through my life. I use many things to help me think, some good and some bad. My life will be thought out the way i want it to be and i will live on my time.

No comments: