Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Blog 5- Relationship to the War

I honestly think that there were a few students in who did know something about the war, they have kept up on news reports, CNN, and other 'reliable' sources. The majority of my peers including myself felt that they didn't know much about the war itself, but were fully aware of some of the effects (i.e gas prices). I think that after different questions have been asked of us for blog responses and especially with the project 1 being due, when you start to think about different aspects of your everyday life you realized that you are a lot more effected then you think, its just not in a way that is obvious. It's almost like I had an ephipany when I thought about a topic for the previous blog, when I start to associate things with war that may have nothing to do with war, that is when its like ok, maybe I am more effected then I thought. I don't think I'm alone, I think that a lot of my peers have realized that they are more connected to the war then they thought. I think that some connections people have made between pop culture in television, music, movies, etc.. that I would have thought were far stretches, but in these times I can see the validity.

No comments: