Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Where's Your Info From???

After looking back at the posts from week one, I found that many people had little knowledge of the war in Iraq. Most people were not directly affected by the war therefore giving them no incentive to investigate this matter to a further extent. As for myself, I was in the same position as many of my fellow classmates. I knew little of the war until I started researching it myself.

Upon the start of my research at the beginning of this term, I came to the conclusion about one thing about this war. Information on this war is severely biased. Depending on the source at which you are using, the information is going to be heavily argumentative towards one side or another. Very few sources give a legitimate description of the events of the war. Therefore, I have concluded that in order to gain a full understanding of this war, you must take the arguments of both sides and merge them together to find the true facts about this war.

No comments: