Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The War

Looking at my post back from week one I think I still feel the same way about the war. Since I have no one really close directly in or was in the war I don't tend to care about it as much as someone might feel if a loved one is directly in or was in it. This seems to be the same for other people I notice this with my friends none of them have anyone in the war but I in past classes some people had friends that fought or were fighting and they paid very close attention to it to know how might their loved one might feel or is over there. This seems to be the logic with this subject. If someone is connected to it some way they care and follow it with great detail. If someone isn't connected then they generally will not follow it but may complain or support our reasons of being there without knowing full details.

No comments: