Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Looking Back

As i recall my post for week 1, I feel a little differently on my views about the war. Before I was very careless about the war and did not pay much attention to the news and current events. Now that I am in college and I am learning more about war, I am finding myself more interested in our involvement overseas. My father still calls me to discuss things going on in the world, and now that I am educating myself further on it, we can have a legitimate conversation regarding the war. Learning and watching movies about war makes it easier for me to relate our current war to other wars. Reading Bartleby and other literature in English helps me realize that war is comparable to many different aspects within everyday lives. You can compare many things to war and decide if war is the answer to certain issues or not. I have changed my view about war and have become a more active citizen, due to researching current news articles and following the war that our nation is involved in.

No comments: