Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

I remain the same.

Reflecting back on what was said by various people in the first week of spring term, we do have differing opinions on the war and ideas of what should be done about this war. I know that I purposely ignore it because I'm sick of hearing about it, I just want it to be done and over with. Just as many people are sick of it as well. Some people said they would pay more attention to it, since some people hardly have the chance to watch tv and when they do, the news is not going to be the first thing they are going to want to turn on. However, I don't think that has changed, or maybe it has, I have no idea. But what I do know is that it is so much easier to walk away from the problem than to actually face it and that is what was done in the story and what many people do today, not just in circumstances dealing with the war. Since my first post, I used to like to hear about the news once in a while since my best friend was in the army, but as horrible and selfish as this sounds, I dont really care about it anymore, my heart is not tied to it because I know he is home safe and I can't wait until the election so that the next president can get us out of this mess. Since, I feel like this whole situation is out of my hands, I have never been more excited to vote and to get myself involved so that the same mistake is not made again. 

No comments: