Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Not a wince to be found

Upon looking at my past response to why America is indeed involved in the War in Iraq, I have found that my views have not changed at all. The first week of class was not too far from now, and I feel as if the given time period between then and now isn't nearly enough time for one's views to change. I, for one, still completely feel that our presence in Iraq in completely unnecessary and as a result, fully support pulling our troops out as soon as humanly possible.
My feelings about the motives of the war haven't seen a wince of change as well. Based upon the various sources that provide me my information, I still fully believe that Mr. Bush is finishing his father's goal. Regardless, I remain liberal with my views.
Looking at connections among various reviews, it seems as if everyone is well versed in world affairs. Every blog post I have read (and I have read many) seem very well written and intelligent. Your group of students seem to be very aware of what is going on in the world.
Aside from this blaring similarity, I have noticed that a fair amount of blog posts are split down the middle; people seem to hold either right or left wing views. However, there are a number of posts which contain middle views as well. I, however, am impressed by the overall open-mindedness of everyone. I like to consider myself open-minded and am glad to see others share this same ideal. 
All in all, I feel as if my views will not change drastically throughout this course. As mentioned above, I feel as if takes much time for ideas to truly change. However, I look forward to discussing more about the art of war and focusing on its effects on civilization.

No comments: