Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Command Post

Upon first arrival to the Command Post, I was somewhat overwhelmed with the amount of information on the website. When I looked further into it, I realized it was a combination of blogs that were updated daily. It has several different sections. The first section is label 'Top War on Terror Headlines.' This section has several different sections such as Osama Bin Laden, Home Land Threats, and Breaking News. The next section is labeled 'Top Global Recon Headlines.' Under this section are various sections that describe various natural disasters. The next blog is 'Top Iraqi Headlines.' Under this section there are topics such as Home Front, Good News, and Terrorism. The last section was labeled 'Top Politics & Elections Headlines.' This has political news from Iraq, the United States, and Germany. Each blog gave off different tones. For instance, some just reported the facts in a nonchalant manner, while others for instance with the article about Zachary Moussaoui that showed the authors hate for him. Reading these articles also had different effects on me. Some of the articles about natural disaster shocked me. There are so many things that are going on that I have no idea about. Articles such as the sentencing of Moussaoui made me happy to see that bad people get what they deserve. Overall, I enjoyed reading the blogs and it opened my eyes on certain situations.

No comments: