Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Monday, May 12, 2008

High School

I went to an all girl catholic high school, and everytime I tell someone that, they always seem to stare at me funny. When I ask them about it, they tell me that they always heard that these type of girls were stuck up, and acted like they were better than everyone else.

I don't really understand why people always think this. Sure, there are some girls who do act like that, but people like that are going to be in every school, no matter what type it is. My school wasn't really small, but not really too big either, so I knew a lot of the girls. Most of the people I did know acted normal. I actually can't really say that many of them thought they were better than anyone else, and this isn't comparing them just to other girls in school, but to everyone else as well. A lot of the girls were actually really involved in helping other people, but didn't look down on them as they did it. I can't really say that I think like that either.

So thinking that all girl catholic high schools are stuck up is not really something that is true.

No comments: