Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Blog 9

Memorial Day is a day to remember those who died serving our country. I think of Memorial Day as not only remember those who served our country, but all of those loved ones who have passed away. Every Memorial Day some of my family members go visit my uncle who passed away, at the age of 24, 7 years ago. Because he was SO close to me, Memorial Day is a remembrance of my uncle. I go visit his grave site and just think about the times we have spent together when I was younger. I try to imagine what life would be like if he were still alive today and the impacts he has made on my life. Though Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who served our country, for me it is a day of remembering my uncle and his impacts on my life.

No comments: