Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Weekend

For my memorial day weekend, I caught with my sleep and bbq mostly. My family don't really specially celebrate it or go to any parades. Since there aren't any parades around my town. But, our neighbor is a WII veteran. My dad and him are really good friends. He came over our house on Memorial day and told us stories of when he was in war fighting. to me, all of his stories made me emotional. In stories he mainly talked aobut food, and shelter. It was just so painfull to hear how soldiers live their life during the war. Living in Tents with practically anxious most of the times, and food is not that great. Eating caned food is something I definately wouldn't like to eat. There are times when soldiers don't even get their food and they just have to live by without any excuses. During memorial day, all of these things are remembered and our soldiers are greatly honored.

No comments: