Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

May 26th

The week before Memorial Day weekend was like a major battle for me. I had two exams and two projects that needed completing and there were also so many classes to attend. So my Memorial Day consisted of sleeping and relaxing all day long. Therefore where I was, there were nothing special that happening to celebrate the Memorial Day. Yet the fact that I rested after a long and hard week reminded of the soldiers that once gave up their lives and the ones that are currently fighting in Iraq. During the time of war I think soldiers never really get the chance to rest and relax, especially after a major battle until the war is over. So I considered myself lucky, because I didn’t have any worries of being killed in the next battle or getting hit by artillery shells, something soldiers during war faced preventing them from getting well deserved rest. As a result I should be grateful and hope that I would never have to experience those feelings. It is amazing what soldiers have done in the past and is currently doing in Iraq. Finally at least for one day, we all can appreciate and thank those brave soldiers for what they have done.

No comments: