Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tri for our Veterans

This past memorial weekend was definitely one that I will remember forever. I participated in my first triathlon, which was one that recognized our veterans. On Saturday, I, along with six of my friends, raced in the Tri for our Veterans Triathlon in Sea Isle City. It was a huge success and so much fun. Unlike past Memorial Day weekends, I truly remembered our veterans. There were also veterans that participated in the race as well. It was amazing seeing these unbelievable men and women race for such an amazing cause. There were athletes holding little American flags as they swam, biked and ran, and others who were disabled, but still pushed just as hard. There was one man in particular that had amputated legs, but was somehow able to kick ass. Seeing this man and thinking about the men and women that lost their lives in war just made me push that much harder. If they were able to show that strength, then I most definitely can show mine. My first triathlon was not only for me, but also for the good of our country and it feels even better to know that I supported my troops while achieving such a huge goal in my life.

No comments: