Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Welcome back to school...

Nice to see all the contributors piling in. Bb Vista has all the details for the course...this blog is our public face and 'thinking ground.'

One of my tangential curiosities is to see whether a real blog will help us converse more than the artificial blog/discussions in Vista. Judging by how quickly many of you have signed up for the blog, I'm hopeful.

I'll be using an RSS aggregator to read comments; most likely you'll hear from me via email, not through a multitude of posts to this blog. However, I do hope that this format will make it easier for me to keep up with the torrent of posts...

So please use this blog as a general discussion area...don't be limited by the required posts; if you find stories/resources/ideas that will be interesting to us, please contribute them.

No comments: