Welcome...and initial guidelines...

This blog will be used in the spring of 2008 by 80+ students at Drexel University to investigate the effects of Iraq on culture and the reverse. Our goal will be to better understand why the US is in Iraq, and to question whether literature can help us on this journey.

Weekly plans and other materials will always be posted in Vista, not this blog. So go to Bb Vista to get the discussion prompts and other instructions.

I intend this blog to manage our discussions and track our collective investigation.

You should have received an email from me inviting you to become a contributor to this blog. The email was sent Monday afternoon to your official Drexel email address.

Friday, April 4, 2008

View on the War

I cannot seem to find one person that was not shocked after 9/11. That event not only changed our world around us but it came at us unexpectedly. However, I do not know why we are still in Iraq. After seven years since 9/11 is it helping us to still be over in Iraq fighting? What are we even still fighting for? There might be a very good reason why we are there but I do not look for the answer. It get me upset when I turn on the television and see another death of a soldier has occurred. Someone's life taken away from their family for what? For what reason are these soldiers out there risking their lives for. 
I do not know of anyone that is close to me that is serving in the war. Although, I do feel very close to everyone out there serving and how I am affected. I support the troops out there and what they are doing for us. I think however, that this war should finally be over and the troops should come home and cherish the time they might have left with there families.  

No comments: